Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 22 -- Prioritizing my time

I made a mistake today.  Instead of making sure I sent off updates to our website right after lunch, I went upstairs and changed laundry.

But as someone who tends to get sidetracked easily, I changed laundry, saw the large pile of clean laundry needing to be folded, the beds needing to be changed, and spent the next hour cleaning up the upstairs.

Instead of sending updates at 1:00 I sent them after 2:00.  The updates didn't get completed before the end of the day, and now a bunch of videos we have ready to view won't be seen until Monday. (Unless you go to the playlist on the youtube site:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWOMpqJcu_7ehtXPDdQ78vbjPQq1ajfh which you can do from here!)

Needless to say, my husband is UPSET.  Am I thankful we have these videos to see?  Yes!  Am I thankful someone is creating them for us? Yes!  Am I upset that they aren't able to be viewed the right way, during the weekend before our big open house?  Yes!

Sometimes it makes me tired to think about everything that needs to be done around here, and yes, sometimes I prioritize things incorrectly.  Unfortunately in our house, that could mean the difference between selling a heifer, and having income.

No comments:

Post a Comment