Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21 -- Lunch

I make lunch for the guys at the house every day -- including the two days a week I drive to campus.  When I'm home I cook a meal that's complete with some side dishes, and sometimes dessert -- usually on the days I'm at work it's stuff like chili in the crock pot.

I'm not a good cook.  I didn't cook much growing up, and I certainly don't have any natural abilities in terms of knowing how things taste together.  I don't invent my own recipes, etc.

So why in the world do I spend time doing this?  Trust me, on occasion I wonder that myself.  But lunch on the farm is usually the only down time allowed.  It's the only break in the day, and selfishly, I want to hear what's happened and be a part of what these guys are doing for us.  And I hope they consider that it's a bit of a benefit for coming here -- isn't the way to a man's heart through his stomach?

The problem is in the guessing -- I guess every day who's going to be here, but I never know who may show up delivering cattle, coming to look at our sale offering (which you can see videos on our blog as of today (www.pvfangus.com)), or just stopping by to visit.

The good news is, there are usually few leftovers in our house.  The bad news is, my freezer gets emptied pretty often.

No comments:

Post a Comment